Monday, September 14, 2015

BarkBox

Truth be told I'm completely kind of obsessed with my pets.  My family has four--yes FOUR-- dogs and we foster for a husky organization, which means on any given week we have 4-7 dogs in my house.  In Athens my roommate has one dog, Ace, who is the most prince-like spoiled dog because of my roommates and myself.  


While I was browsing Twitter a couple of weeks ago a retweet popped up on my news feed.  I follow the account Cute Emergency on Twitter and they kept retweeting things posted by BarkBox.  The retweets were effective in explaining what exactly the box is, so instantly I wanted to know more about the service.  Barkbox is a subscription based box that sends sends you new dog toys, treats, and more dog related items once a month.  Their twitter account is simultaneously one of the best and worst used twitter accounts.  



Above is a screenshot of their twitter account home page.  The only obvious mention of their service is in the description.  I scrolled back over 3 weeks into their tweets to find that past the description there is no real sales pitch of their product.  In my opinion thats where their social media went wrong.  What they have done good so far is they promote their content along with other dog related content.   
If I wasn't on a college kid budget I would 100% order this for Ace.

1 comment:

  1. It really seems like this could be a booming business if they improved their social media content. One of my family friends recently started his own company called "Buff Box" which sends dietary/workout workout products to their subscribers. He has done really well with the instagram account and promoting. So there definitely is potential in the "box" industry but the business needs to be paired with a solid media presence. Im also a dog person as well so Im pulling for Bark Box.

    ReplyDelete