Monday, September 21, 2015

Ipsy

They say diamonds are a girl's best friend, but that has never been the case for me.  For me it has always been makeup is a girl's best friend.  I was always that little girl that had her box of cheap makeup that she loved pretending to put on.  As I've grown older I've become the girl that has bags of makeup that I love put on--so nothing really has changed except the quality of my makeup and the fact I actually know how to put it on.  A few years ago I heard about a subscription box that allows makeup samples to be delivered to your house and I was all for it.  The first service I signed up for turned out to be not worth it, then one day I came across this youtube video from eleventhgeorgous.  They compared Birchbox and Ipsy, two makeup subscription boxes. This video is what introduced me to Ipsy.  The biggest difference between the two services is that Ipsy offers more full sized products for the same price as Birchbox.

Ipsy has the best social media presence I have seen from almost any company.  First off they have a plethora of youtubers advertising their product.  Most of these youtubers even pay for their subscriptions, so their opinions of the service tends to be trusted more.  Below are just a few videos that focus on Ipsy with the number of views listed below the titles.
 Not only is their youtube presence from others massive, but the company's channel has a large following too.  The company has huge Youtube beauty guru personalities such as Michelle Phan, Christen Dominique, Chrisspy, Desi Perkins, and more acting as spokespeople for the brand.

In addition to their youtube channel they have a massive presence on instagram.  They encourage their customers to share their Ipsy bags each month.  The only thing you have to do is add the hashtags #(month)GlamBag #ipsy. If you search #ipsy on instagram you get thousands of results, the most recent ones being those of their latest glam bag.

Their social media presence is the most amazing I've seen in a long time.  This is primarily because their presence is driven by their customers.  When potential consumers see that their current customers are happy it drives prospects into becoming current customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment